Useful Links
Church “St. Ivan Rilski”, Krumovgrad
Church “St. Ivan Rilski”, Krumovgrad The church is relatively new built in 1934 following the initiative of three citizens. The construction workers were from Petkovo village, Smolyian municipality. The church was consecrated in 1936 by Kiril - the bishop of Plovdiv who later became Patriarch of the Bulgarian Church. It is a three nave church with length of 18m, width of 10m and height of 6m. The dome is semicircular built over 8 wall drum with 8 arches. It was constructed by cut out stone and partially coated with mortar. The iconostasis and throne are walnut tree fretwork and made in Plovdiv. It is 10m wide and 4m high. The church is still functioning and designated as monument of culture. Note: The church is suitable for tourism and located close to the town centre.
Gallery
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.