Useful Links
The Mosque in Chal village
The Mosque in Chal village This is the oldest mosque in the Eastern Rhodopes. On a corner stone on the southern wall is written the year 1200 according to Islamic chronology corresponding to 1786 -1787. It is called Ahat boba djamisi after a worshipped saint, whose turbe is in the cemetery of the village. Another name of the mosque is Koyunllar djamisi after the Koyunllar family that had probably built an older mosque at the same place. The mosque was constructed with stone soldered with wood. The entrance area is open. The roof is supported by wooden pillars with carved capitals. The central room is rectangular and a balcony with beautiful, tracery railing is constructed over half of the space. Note: The place is suitable for tourism but the mosque is opened only Fridays for prayer or when necessary.
Gallery
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.