Memorial of the refugees from Manastir village 1913, Avren village
Memorial of the refugees from Manastir village 1913, Avren village In the centre of the village is placed a memorial of 42 women and children refugees from Manastir village, region of Gumurdzhiska. They were killed by a bashibazouk in 1913 in “Dumanli” area located 8km away from Avren. The memorial was designed by architect Jeriy Gogov from the city of Haskovo and built in Mezdra. It was officially opened on 26 September 1964. A memorial tablet is erected in the place of execution in “Dumanli” area. Note: It is suitable for tourism on the way to the villages of Avren and Egrek.
Gallery
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.