Useful Links
Municipality:
The Town museum, Ardino

Location: Ardino
The Town museum, Ardino Part of the customs and rituals of local people are illustrated in the exposition in the restored ethnographic museum. The building was constructed at the end of the XVIII century and till 1912 housed the headquarters of the Turkish military garrison. In the yard is preserved the powder-keg building – one of the few in Bulgaria from that time. The remains of the stable can also be seen, although the building is quite ruined. Recently the Ardino town museum was entirely renovated with a display of ethnographic materials. An exposition of rocks and minerals is being prepared, as for ages ore-mining has been a major occupation of local people.
< 1.2 >
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.