Useful Links
The Church “St. Paraskeva”, Pchelarovo village
The Church “St. Paraskeva”, Pchelarovo village The local people know the church as “St. Petka”. Two architectural periods can be outlined in its construction – 1886 and 1913. The royalty row includes 6 icons ordered according to the canone and the apostoles row includes 20 icons. The iconostasis, icons, bishop’s throne and church plate are typical for the small village churches. The original building of the bell tower is preserved – a six wall dome with a cross stands on round pillars. There is an old monastery school close by. In the vicinity of the church can also be seen a big tap and remnants of a small chapel. The church is still functioning and is designated as a monument of culture. Note: The place is suitable for tourism.
Gallery
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.