Useful Links
The “St. Tzar Boris” church in Momchilgrad (1939)
The “St. Tzar Boris” church in Momchilgrad (1939) The church was built in the period 1938-1939 on the place of a small temple. It is a one vault basilica named after the canonized Bulgarian ruler tzar Boris the First. Òhe iconostasis and the bishop’s throne are made out of carved wood. Òhe woîden plastic arts are from the Debers school. A charnel house was built next to the southern wall of the church keeping the mortal remains of those who have died for the freedom of the region.
Gallery
This internet portal has been created within the framework of project “Creation of a marketing tourist product – “own brand” of Region Kardzhali through the exchange of know-how and best practices in cooperation with The Hague Region”, contract ¹ BG161PO001/4.2-01/2008/033 which is realized with the financial support of Operating Programme “Regional Development” 2007-2013, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The sole responsibility for the content of the internet portal lies with Foundation “Radio New Europe” and under no circumstances can it be deemed that the information contained therein reflects an official stand of the European Commission and the Managing Authority.